Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Twins?!

I was at the doctors office yesterday and the doctor started measuring my uterus (because I think by 15 weeks is suppose to be between your belly button and pelvis) but he got a confused look on his face and went further up on my stomach. He said "Hmm... your uterus is big for your date" Of course, I'm new to this whole pregnancy thing and had no idea what that meant til he said "I wonder if you have twins"!! Whoa! Now, you have to know that the first time Will and I went in to hear the heart beat I asked him to keep looking for another heartbeat: "What about over here, did you check over here?" (I'm annoying, I know. But at least I'm consistant ;) ) So, then he gets the dopplar thingy, finds one heart beat on my right side and goes for the other side. There was ANOTHER heartbeat!! BUT, he said that the second one was different or something, that he could be hearing the heartbeat twice from the one baby (but the baby would have to be big to hear it on both sides of my tummy). He said "I'm not telling you that you have twins, I'm just saying that you shouldn't rule out that possibility. We'll find out for sure when you have your ultrasound in 5 weeks"

5 weeks?...you're kidding right? ...There is no way I'm waiting 5 weeks to find out if I need to double the anxiety I have about this baby. I need to know. Plus, my mother is enough like me that she won't wait either and is paying for the ultrasound that we're going to do in a few HOURS! I can't wait. Will is excited and he only blames me a little bit for praying for twins a while back. I told him that God loves me...I think he's starting to understand just how much.

But still we, especially me, need to remember that we don't know yet and the possibility of having twins is fairly rare. Maybe I'm just a baby making machine so my uterus has plenty of room it, or maybe I have a bajillion pound baby (Will was almost 10 lbs when he was born...ouch!) that is growing fast? We'll let ya'll know though.

I'm so excited.

2 comments:

  1. ahhhhh! I've always wanted twins! good luck, let me know how it goes! super excited and praying for you. you better write this in your baby book, so even if you have one baby you can tell him or her "the doctor thought you were twins!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! Congratulations! Twins would sure be something!

    ReplyDelete